EASTLAND SHOPPING CENTRE
APS were sub-contracted by Probuild Construction to complete a broad range of works on the $450 million Eastland shopping centre redevelopment.
The scope of work awarded was extremely varied and required a team of 60 site-based APS staff to work quickly and efficiently to complete the work for the official handover date.
A highlight of the project was the installation of the iconic timber and blade ceilings.
Through the innovative use of natural light, architecture and materials, Eastland has become a mecca of food, fashion and family-orientated experiences.
Total works and installations included:
- Library façade including: secondary steel, glazing, atrium skylight, GRP façade and roof access system.
- Central mall shop front steelwork.
- Central mall timber ceiling and support structure.
- Central mall chandelier and supporting steelwork.
- South west mall blade ceiling and supporting steelwork.
- Mall skylight including all glass, steel and GRP panels.
- Supply and erect access scaffolds for the site.
- Roof access systems.
- Fins and mesh facades on Maroondah Highway and Warrandyte Road.
- Entry façade and horseshoe ramp including all support steelwork.